Friday, February 1, 2013

Birthday Suit Volume I



This year for my birthday, I decided to focus on jackets (taking a note from Suzy Orman) for my two celebration dinners. Last weekend I went out with my best friends to celebrate my birthday and my roommate Emma's birthday. She looked amazing in an Elizabeth and James silk blouse and Henri Bendel necklace. Emma is the queen of wearing white, whereas I am well aware the if i were to put on anything lighter than heather grey I would instantly spill tomato sauce, diet coke, or red wine on it. 
(BCBG Jacket, H&M button down, Rude vintage wash jeans, Steve Madden Vippper boots)
I found this jacket on my last hurrah shopping trip with my mom right before I left to go back to Chicago. This jacket was the first thing I saw in the store and immediately fell for it. I love the built shoulders, crisp black lapels, and the subtle feather print. I couldn't be happier with the cut and fit. I wore it again yesterday to my fashion class with a tee shirt and Nike high tops; its an amazingly versatile piece. I've been living in this one pair of jeans, I haven't been able to find a really nice pair of vintage wash jeans in a while, and I love the low rise and fit of this pair as well as the beautiful wash. By the way, these boots still hurt like a motherfucker. All for now, have an awesome weekend and stay tuned for a few more obligatory birthday posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment