Friday, July 20, 2012

A Need to State the Obvious

Ok, lets just say it; I bought the Jeffrey Campbell knockoff of the Chloe "Doc Martins" from seasons back. I would also like to say, perhaps in vain, that the designer inspiration was not in fact the reason I purchased them.  A few weeks back, I put in a massive order to Urban outfitters which included my new favorite Adidas Samba sneakers, the caramel leather boots with wooden platforms (to the right of the Jeffrey Campbells), and the Jeffrey Campbell Tardy boots....but in floral satin. I don't know what ever possessed me, but when I unwrapped them I knew I had made a mistake. I also ordered the Night Lita boot.
I loved these boots so much, but sadly, they are only available in distressed leather, and frankly, I couldn't justify spending full price for a pair of shoes that look already worn. This is what brings me back to the Tardy boot. When I looked past the heinous floral satin, I fell in love with the sturdy wedge and platform. I returned the majority of my order and immediately placed a new order for the Tardy boots in black leather. Ive already worn them twice and I couldn't be happier!


No comments:

Post a Comment