Monday, June 18, 2012

Acid Yellow

(Re-worked Kenneth Cole trench, Gap top, Whiting and Davis clutch, Levity shoes, crystal and chain necklace jacked from my moms closet)
So Ive had this trench since last October, and its taken me until just now to wear it. When I first bought it, I was in a rush. Only when I got home I realized that it wasn't perfect. I removed the belting on the sleeves and waist, narrowed the sleeves and shortened them as well. I would have usually had my tailor do it, but I thought, "how hard could it be?" I know this may come as a shock to some people, but sewing a garment from scratch is much easier that altering a pre-made piece. Hence the reason why it took so long to wear; Ive been working on it on and off for a few months. 
One other aspect that sets this coat apart, aside from the STELLAR color is the texture. The fabric is woven with metal, so it has a natural crinkle. Paired with basics and my prom shoes, it made for the perfect outfit to grab sushi in. All for now, I need to finish my graduation thank you notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment