Saturday, February 11, 2012

Parsons Challenge Part 1

So here it begins, the first installment of my Parsons challenge. Fashion applications are horrendous and I am happy to say that I am just about finished. For those of you who don't know, the Parsons challenge is essentially a three pieces collection of work necessary to apply to Parsons; the pieces must be inspired by something that you couldn't live without. Working and shopping in the city, I couldn't live without the Metro North trains. The above piece was inspired by the Metro North train color scheme, the men's uniforms, and a sign I saw on the train that said "Do Not Enter."
I constructed the blouse with a yoke in order to keep flat shoulders while keeping a great deal of volume. The blouse is anchored to black jersey briefs to keep the great deal of fabric tucked and tidy when worn with the skirt. The skirt is made of silk shantung; I used an 11 piece pattern to keep a tight fit on the waist and stomach and volume on the bottom. I hope you enjoyed this outfit. more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment