Friday, February 17, 2012

Lyn Devon Fall/Winter 2012

Wednesday, at approximately 11 AM, Patricia and I stepped into the gorgeous Hudson hotel, dressed in out Fashion Week best for the Lyn Devon presentation. Upon arrival to the penthouse, I was blown away by what I saw; vintage cuts, uplifting prints, saturated colors, and the best usage of angora that Ive ever seen.
 This opening look essentially personifies the reason I love the collection so much. I think this is such a new and fresh way to approach winter. It can be so easy to revert to grey and black; I love how Devon used saturated, yet muted colors to give the collection a light feeling. These trousers are to die for. Did I mention that everything is manufactured in New York? Yeah, that makes it even better. I loved watching Devon's eyes light up when she was talking about walking into her factory and seeing her clothing being produced. 
The drape on the back of this coat was sick; pointy toe Manolo's don't hurt either.
Perhaps the best usage of yellow leather Ive ever seen. I love the modest keyhole, but frankly, I cant think of pairing this skirt with anything that could possible overshadow it. I also love that its not skintight; it is way to easy to go sexy with a leather skirt. 
I absolutely loved the mix of drapery and knit. Beyond the stunning mix of magenta and navy, the juxtaposition of the asymmetric drapery and Angora is genius. The perfect mix of casual and high end. Obsessed.
So chic, not much else to say except that I really, really want these pants. The color is so saturated and rich, these separates are an awesome way to get more for your money.
From a construction standpoint, the designer in me loves the make of the bustier. The perfection of the peplum seams and darts was done expertly, and I really, really appreciate the attention to detail. Most people wouldn't see a wool bustier as an investment piece, but this is perhaps the most timeless bustier I have ever seen.
On a side note, I am ENAMORED with this laser cut suede top. I cant imagine any changes that could possibly make this better. I can see this looking really smart styled on top of a buttoned up oxford shirt with ripped up denim shorts and tights. Ill be ricking that look when I become a six foot size two model, for your information. 
Hands down, favorite piece from the collection. When I picked up this sweater coat I fell in love. The angora is so plush and lovely; it feels just like a fur coat. I cant describe how fantastic this piece is, I genuinely feel lucky to have touched it. I now have an unquenchable thirst for angora, I really need to get my hands on this piece.
(Photo Credit-Lyn Devon and myself)
Me with the designer and model. Thank you so much for having me; I had an amazing time and I cant wait to see more!


No comments:

Post a Comment