Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's Like Sewing Kleenex

I really love this piece. When I saw this fabric, I really wanted to make a gown with an element of invisibility and the illusion of floating sections. I created a pattern that could be sectioned easily; crafting the top was extremely difficult, because I felt like the dress needed at least one element to break up the horizontal element. An asymmetrical neck and structured shoulder fit the bill. The difficult part of constructing the gown came with the addition of bias cut, single layers of nude tulle. The construction had to be done almost exclusively by hand to ensure invisible seam, and although I went to bed more than once with bleeding fingertips, I am thrilled with the outcome. Although I have tons more I could write about this dress, I need to cut myself off to get ready to head over to fashion week tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment