Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Tie Started a Snowball Effect

(Marc Jacobs bag, French Connection shirt, vintage Pendleton wool tie, Bass driving loafers, vintage rabbit fur clutch, Urban Outfitters belt)  
Last week, my friend Ellen gifted me this beautiful vintage wool tie by Pendelton. I squealed with glee when I opened the package. I was a huge fan of the collaboration between Pendleton and Opening Ceremony, the shorts and jackets were pure perfection. I built my outfit around this tie, using grey as the central element, again with my math filled, brain squeezing fashion equation that ends in a proof aka and outfit. 
 The shirt was picked by default, being that I wear this shirt on an almost daily basis. Then I fully committed to adding to the grey trifecta. I think grey is a very under appreciated color. I think charcoal grey is one of the most flattering colors, and I haven't met anyone who doesn't look great in grey/It is the all time best neutral color. The bag is almost grey, and I wanted something mildly nondescript to keep the focus on the tie and my beautiful new driving moccasins, pictures to follow! I just got my hair re-done, I went a step lighter and I love it so much. I was definitely born to be a red-head. If you're in Ct, you have to try the Hairspa in Milford, Stephanie my hairdresser is a genius colorist and stylist, if you're looking for a new hairdresser, give the Hairspa a try. All for now, I need to go sew a few dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment