Sunday, December 18, 2011

Galleries and Such

On Thursday, I went on my school's annual trip to New York 
to visit the galleries in Chelsea. I took this picture of this gorgeous Thom Browne add when we walked uptown.
I have always loved Allen Edmonds; his work is perpetually at the top of my list when it comes masculine footwear. I would wear everything in the window. 
(French Connection trench and star print knit, Eileen Fisher cowl, Nicole Miller bag, Aldo brogues)
Its always annoying trying to dress for this trip. Last year, it was like thirty degrees, it was supposed to rain when we went, and we walk essentially the entire city. The trench and sturdy brogues were chosen for rain appropriateness, this sweater is one of the warmest I own (my friend actually told me that I wore it on the trip last year) and the cowl was picked for warmth, and who could ever turn down chartreuse? This is the third cowl that my mom and I got to share. This is the new version of the cowl, its actually a large scale cable knit. I love these, but I need to be careful as to not wear them with too much stubble because I end up with large mohair balls hanging form my face. It was really nice to pull this bag out, I haven't worn it since the summer.
My friend Maddie working on bring back chenille
From what I understand, this was a drive by "yarn bombing". I personally think all shopping carts should be covered in yarn. All for now, I'm prepping for a Hannukah party!

No comments:

Post a Comment