Saturday, November 26, 2011

Investing?

So to step back in time a few weeks, I found myself in my friend Ally's apartment in NYC, getting busy with a plate of sushi and duck spring rolls and looking at the Versace for H&M collection, I stumbled upon this coat. It was love at first sight. At $300, I really wanted to hate it. Everything I had on my wish list came in at thirty or fifty dollars; I couldn't see spending three hundred on something retail. I am a firm believer that if you stick it out and wait through a few sales, there is almost never a reason to pay retail. In the frenzy the following morning, I ended up grabbing one of the coats thinking, "Ill try it on and hate it, if i don't try it on ill regret it." I slid my arms into the buttery leather and immediately regretted it. I have some pretty amazing pieces, but this is the first "Manly" piece I have ever bought that I have no desire to make more feminine. I love my arsenal of blazers and trenches, but each one gets a touch, whether it comes from brooches, a wide waist belt, or heels. This coat says man, and screams for fashion week front row seats. Hands down, bar none, its a bitching coat.
{Photo Credit-itsnotforgirls.com, frenchconnection}
I am beyond happy with my coat purchase, the only downside is that I wont be able to buy the Restrain wool pea coat from French Connection. I have loved this coat since the summer, I had a thirty minute conversation with the male employees at the SoHo store in August about how much we all wanted this coat, the olive color is so beautiful in person. If anyone stumbles upon one in a size medium, please don't hesitate to ship it my way. All for now, I have to figure out how to read mid eighteenth century French literature.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same coat. As soon as the pictures of the collection were released, I wanted it. And I managed it! It's stylish, and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to wear mine; I need to get it back from the tailor. I wanted to shorten the sleeves and have the button removed. Hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete