Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lunn by Lilith for Hello Boutique


I wanted to re-post the work I did for Hello Boutique in New Haven Ct. Check them out at Hello Boutique.com. It’s almost Fall, and this blogger couldn’t be happier. Summer’s great, but nothing beats a crisp day, a yummy knit sweater, and mulled cider. It’s about time for the weather to change. This fall, fashion is at an all time. The brand Lunn, designed in France under the same company that also puts out the beloved, standby brand Lilith. As a newcomer to Lunn, I wasn’t sure how I’d like it, but one look and I was sold. We shot these pictures on the stunning rooftop of Bespoke restaurant in New Haven. Thank you Bespoke, we had a fabulous morning. 
My model Jacy looks perfect dressed head completely in Lunn. On my first visit, I fell hard for this skirt. The print, the color, the shape…perfection. As if the skirt isn’t perfect enough to begin with, the top layer of plaid cotton is sliced and made into strips, giving the skirt a lovely, fashion carwash sense of movement and fluidity. Fanning out the skirt was just too tempting. I paired the skirt with a draped jersey cowl blouse, perfect dressed up, or down. This top is just as chic paired under a business suit as it is with a pair of jeans. This versatile mushroom grey color is a fresh and new way to wear neutral colors. The Lunn jacket is a Fall classic, just as comfortable as a sweatshirt, but eons more trendy and grown up. This look completed with Celine sunglasses and Marni heels is the perfect monochrome autumn look that can go from day to night.
I went nuts when I saw this coat. Between the jagged hem, dramatic full collar, and full skirted bottom, this winter staple by Lunn is the perfect way to make an entrance with little or no effort. I always love a statement coat. No purchase is more important in the winter; the coat is one piece of clothing that will be worn day-to-day. First impressions are the most important. I paired this coat with a blouse and skirt by Lunn. The Peter Pan collar and scalloped peplum update the classic plaid blouse. What would Fall be without plaid? It wouldn’t be Fall now would it. This skirt by Lunn is a great alternative to sweatpants, I kid you not, this skirt is made of the softest Jersey, and the loose and fluid shape makes for an unbelievably comfortable classic.
I am a firm believer in casual but not sloppy looks. This jacket is the shorter sister the previous coat. Like I said, I love a statement coat, but for a more practical and everyday look, this adorable jacket fits the bill. I love the mini peplum and the soothing oatmeal color way.  Paired with a yummy marbled knit by Lunn and the most amazing pants by Christopher blue, this look is perfect for running errands, shopping, and essentially every life situation that calls for comfort. I went crazy when I saw these pants for the first time. They are made of the most incredible corduroy; you would swear its velvet. The classic, straight cut works on all body shapes and sizes, and the super saturated color makes them a grown up version of yesterday’s corduroys. I topped off this on-the-go look with the perfect everyday bag my Lumi. The zippers and skinny straps make it feel special and different, while a pop of color from a hand painted silk scarf brings the whole look together. The luscious silk scarf is by Donyake. Worn with flats by Repetto.
Lastly, this layering piece from Lunn will soon be a go-to classic in anyone’s wardrobe. I styled this look on Jacy with classic equestrian elements. Black tights and timeless leather riding boots by Marc Jacobs give an effortlessly chic vibe. Cinching the waist lends a perfectly feminine feeling to any outfit; this belt is by Sita Murt. I love the skinny embossed leather; the belt is available for in-store purchase or over the phone. This layering piece would be amazing over jeans, corduroys, and slim trousers. It looks fabulous open, buttoned up, and belted; all in all, a really awesome investment piece. Worn above layered on top of a mesh tank top by Babette. As much as I love dark colors, this outfit was in dire need of a pop of color. Whoever made the rule about white after Labor Day is crazy, white is fabulous all year round. This tote by M0851 is a stellar way to mix white into your all-year wardrobe. I love the practical and utilitarian shape; this bag would most definitely get quite a bit of wear if it lived in my closet. I’ll definitely be jealous of whoever gets to snag this beauty. Fall is just around the corner and with these timeless and flattering pieces by Lunn, Fall will surely be the season of style! 
I hope you guys enjoyed this! It really got me in the mood for fall, and I am so excited to bust out my ever growing leather and fur collection, I'm so stoaked! All for now, I'm having so much fun with my red hair, pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment