Sunday, August 7, 2011

Posing in a Window on 72nd Street

{French connection shirt. Tommy Hilfiger tie, Social Collision jeans, Unknown bag, French Connection patent leather shoes}
I wore this outfit (2?) weeks ago to work and then to meet up with my friend Ally. After dinner, we went and trolled the stores near the 72nd street subway stop. I love the  Barneys Co-op, Urban Outfitters, Loehmanns, Stuart Weitzman, and is youre Ally Marino....Sephora.

{Marc by Marc Jacobs silk top/vest, 3.1 Philip Lim dress, Mui Mui bag, Chanel shoes}
I realize that I personally picked out her outfit, but I have regrets, being that this ensemble put me to shame. I caught a glimpse of the silk Marc Jacobs situation and it was love at first sight. She said she was unsure of how to wear it and I was ready for the challenge. This perfect tee shirt dress is actually the slip to an amazing 3.1 Philip Lim crocheted dress.
In retrospect, I am so happy we took these pictures in this awesome alcove above Urban Outfitters, because as soon as we walked out there was a freak terrenttial rain storm. We stood huddled, somewhat unsure of what to, at which point I regretted that I wore/picked out for Ally to wear such nice outfits. Luckily, we walked three feet and stood under a bus stop, which is ironic because that morning, I had been interviewed by a news station about crap train schedules and the poccibility of needing to take a bus, to which I responded....I dont take buses. Needless to say my interview didnt make it to TV.
  Currently just more than mildly obsessed with Ally's skin tone and the pink lipstick I forced onto her lips during our forty minute Sephora binge. All for now, I'm really thirsty, and I'm very into the idea of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment