Tuesday, August 23, 2011

PONCHO

{Adrienne Vittadini cape/poncho/hoodie, H&M top, Pour la Victoire boots, Vintage clutch} 
I wore this outfit out last Saturday. I had purchased the cape the day before, and I most certainly could not wait until fall to wear it. I blasted the air conditioner in my car on high in order to wear it, and once I exited the car, it lasted only a few minutes before I over heated. I hesitated when trying it on, as cool as it is, I am not exactly sure how often I will wear it. It would be impossible to wear with a backpack, eliminating school, so im left with chilly weekend...when my arms can be partially exposed. Regardless, its pretty banging, and I am stoaked to add it to my arsinal of mildly impractical cold weather staples.
I wanted to style this poncho with something simple {and not too warm}. I liked the sailor-ish, nautical vibe of the striped top, which I played with further by adding the striped clutch. Lastly, I threw on my favorite ankle boots to pick up with silver buttons. I am always conflicted about items like this poncho. It is dramatic, fashionable, and interesting...but how many times will I actually get to bust it out? I know I go on and on about investment buying, and thats what leaves me in somewhat of a pickle when I buy pieces like this. Luckily, I snagged this piece marked down.
Food for thought. All for now, its bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment