Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jean Paul Gaultier

When I was in Montreal, I went to the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit with my friends Matt and Bryan. I was beyond incredible, and I would recommend EVERYONE go. 
As a designer and dressmaker, the thing that struck me most about the clothing, around 150 looks, most being Haute Couture, was the spectacular amount of detail and craftsmanship. It was a true pleasure to be able to go up close and see every stitch.
I love that with the gradated stripes, some of the feathers had to be dyed half way down
Look at the men's faces...they had projectors shining on the mannequin faces, it was unreal, and it added a whole new level of beauty ingenuity to the display of the clothing
This look reminded me of the bodies exhibit in NYC
I was obsessed with this hyper extended toe-over-wedge shoe...I got on the floor to take a picture
Film!!!
The lingerie section was my favorite (duh) and yes, this is THE Madonna corset
I bought the postcard-sized version of the picture, I cant wait to hang it. Have a stellar week!

No comments:

Post a Comment