Friday, June 17, 2011

Stopped on 45th Street

(Vintage beaded vest. H&M top, Pour la Victoire boots, Regina bag)
I wore this outfit last Friday night to a Party in New York. Ive had this vest, formerly a jacket, for a while, and it finally felt like the right time to wear it. I was careful to wear it with only black, because it is such a flashy piece. I really enjoyed it, but frankly, I cant see myself wearing it anytime soon. Anyways, after the party, I ended up in times square with my friend Maddie and her friend looking for shorts. Last summer, Forever 21 stayed open until 2AM. I was super pissed that they changed and now close at 1. I banged on the door for like ten minutes. Luckily, American Eagle was open, and shorts were bought. I was flattered that a group of ten women stopped me on the street and demanded pictures with me. They loved my fierce ensemble.
{Vintage top and bag, Express dress, American Apparel tights}
I am typically quite awkward in normal social situations, and the day I took this picture was no exception. I was standing, waiting for the Lady GaGa shuttle train {I now refuse to take any others} and I saw this girl and hopped on the same shuttle car that she was on. I see a lot of great outfits daily, but I was drawn to her funky street style. I love the two-tone tights, joke shop glasses, and clever warm weather layering. All for now, I need to clean my studio and do some packing. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment