Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Maddie, My Love

I have been excited to post this dress for some time. When my very good friend Maddie asked me to make her an end-of-the-year dress, I was very happy to oblige. We worked together closely to combine our favorite elements to create a fashion baby. I really wanted to use brocade, I had actually sourced this fabric at the beginning of the school, and black lace is a favorite of Maddie's. I created a few different options for fit, and we decided on an empire waist, and a tiered, cupcake inspired skirt. This cut is a bit more cutesy than I would usually go, but I think that the fabric choice balances it out.
I wanted each tier to be different. The top tier is brocade topped with lace, the second is scallop-edged lace atop a bubbled layer of lace, and the bottom is heavy, bubbled satin. I actually used a black bridal satin.
Worn with Forever 21 glitter pointy toe stilettos
The straps come together in the back and lace downwards to meet the skirt's zipper
 I made this dress for Maddie when I was a freshman in high school. She had ordered it to wear to her sister's Bat Mitzvah. I remember finding this fabric, falling in love with it, and knowing it was perfect. I love this shape for a dress, and it is a cut I still like to bring back today. The single crossing strap is something that I like to think of as one of my signatures.
All of these pictures were taken at Maddie's house in the Hamptons. I hope you like the dresses, these are some of my favorites! More posting to be done, sorry for being away for almost a week, I have lots of pictures from this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment