Monday, April 11, 2011

Mint Chip

I did a photo-shoot with my muse, the ever gorgeous Simona. I put together this capsule collection of some pieces I have been working on for a while. All clothing, hair, and styling by me. Here is the blurb I wrote to accompany it for my independent student art show.

Mint Chip
I am inspired by women. I have always seen fashion as an extension of my influence onto others. I love nothing more than making a beautiful woman even more beautiful with my clothing. I started this capsule collection with this thought. I wanted to try new things, be it shapes, colors, and patterns, that wouldn’t usually reflect my design aesthetic. As a designer and an artist, there are specific elements and techniques that I tend to gravitate towards. I decided that there was no better time than the present to start my experimentation. I utilized different colors, raspberry, brown, and green to open up myself to a new color palate. I tried new shapes and I worked hard to make sure that I was giving myself the full opportunity to open a new chapter in my design autobiography, aka, my portfolio. The colors, brown and green, have lent themselves to the title “Mint Chip”. As a designer, I want to instill my self-love and understanding of personal greatness into everyone who wears one of my garments. Each piece has been hand cut, draped, and sewn by me. Fashion is a personal extension of self, and I think that every day is a new opportunity to show the world just how fabulous you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment