Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Die for Frye

I am obsessed. Every fashionista has their weak spots, and one of mine happens to be Frye boots. I got my first pair of them a couple years back, and I can easily say that they are one the best purchases ever made. My Frye boots are some of the most comfortable shoes I own, and they are super durable, which is nice, as they seem to float around in my closet in a sea of delicate patent leather shoes.They also seem to look better with age and wear. I bought my first pair after reading tons of reviews from people who had had their boots for upwards of twenty years. In a society where things are intentionally meant to break and wear out after a couple of months to encourage buying new, it is nice to know that there are still some companies who appreciate quality, style, and really well made products that withstand the test of time.
My trusty engineer boots. I am enamored with them, being my "default" footwear. They have gotten me though so many rain showers and snow storms. I have never really been one for rain boots, so these really are the perfect all-weather boots. I was heartbroken when one of the buckles broke the other day. I called the company, and I kid you not, I got replacement buckles THE NEXT DAY. I am completely blown away by the customer service, and it's things like that that make me feel really good about buying these and supporting this amazing company. I love that they are such an integral piece of Americana. 
It was so cute how the woman literally hand wrote the envelope for me as I was on the phone with her!
I have to go to the Cobbler and get my boots fixed! I feel lost without them
I always travel with my Frye boots. I brought my Rogan stud engineer boots with me to Paris this past April. They're so comfortable, I wore them on the plane and walking all around the city. These are my all time favorite pair, the studs are so beautiful. Frye boots are yet another one of my "fashion investments". They're fabulous air most definitely translates overseas, I always get tons of compliments when I wear this pair.
Cruising the Frye website has become very dangerous. Everytime I go on, I find like five pairs of shoes that I cant live without. I am obsessed with these Harness boots. I NEED these in my wardrobe, I can see myself wearing these as much, if not more, than my black engineer boots. I think that the square toe really elevates the style.I have to get these soon, I love them more and more every time I see them.
{Photo Credit- Zappos, unknown}
These Emmett inside zip ankle boots are stunning. I think these are a beautiful, grown-up version of my other boots. I have been searching for a classic, sleek black ankle boots for a while, and these definitely fit the bill. I these these would be a great alternative to oxfords and lace-up shoes for work. They would also give a really nice leg line with black skinny jeans. They are so sharp, I am obsessed, and I am pretty sure that you can see why

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Couldn't agree with you more. Finally was able to invest in my first pair of Frye's the other day and am waiting by the mailbox for them to arrive. Eek I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete