Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Heels For Men?

I am at a loss for words. I am pretty sure I am one of the last people to blog this, but it has literally taken me this long to form coherent sentences, yet my opinion is still up in the air. I have always relished that wearing heels has been a sort of taboo, that is not to say that i think I will see Wall street business men wearing heels with their Brooks Brothers suits, but making heels normal for me would definitely be strange. Lenny Kravitz's wedge boots are by Rick Owens. I do like that these boots are made for women in smaller sizes. I used to only wear heels in drag situations, and it took me a long time to feel comfortable enough to wear then in real life. I would be lying if i said that Bryan Boy wasn't an inspiration. 
Rick Owens wearing boots of his own design. I think I prefer the wedge version, but this sort of Margiela-ish 1990's shape is an interesting counterpart to women's stilettos. 
I love these Rad Hourani ankle boots. The sleek square toe and solid heel make these look like a boot that I could see some men wearing in real life. I think what makes a men's heel acceptable is the shape of the toe and the shape of the shoe from the front. 

Gareth Pugh
{Photo credit-theluxefiles, augastinewong, vintageclothingdesignerdrugs, everycloghasitsday}
I really like these boots, especially the very classic shape. They look very similar to the infamous YSL Johnny boots.  I think that this is the most wearable version in an English-skinny-rocker look. I die for anything in patent leather. All in all, I don't think I am a fan. I consider myself a part of a small community of males who had the ability, foot size, confidence, and innate style to wear high heels. I don't think this trend will be long lived, but I do give credit and good wishes to all of those brave MEN who wear men's high heels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment