Sunday, March 13, 2011

Last Day In Paris

I wanted to do a post to sum up the rest of Patricia and my trip. I've been getting over a nasty cold, and this is the first time I've sat at a computer long enough to write in like two days. We visited the Musee D'orsay, which doesn't allow photos, and then finally, we made our way over to the Rodin statue museum.

The Rodin Museum was magnificent. I loved the classical art, I'm not really someone who "gets" modern art. This was definitely more my style than the Pompidou center.
There were so many mirrors! I couldn't help myself...


Each sculpture was more amazing than the nest. I still can't wrap my head around the concept of making these out of a block of stone...crazy
Besides myself, I took the most pictures of light fixtures. I'm obsessed with chandeliers.



This statue reminded me of being in Pompeii.


There was a great view of the gardens from the window of the museum.
Patricia in front of "The Thinker"



The entire trip, mom and I had been looking for Mussels and Frites. It was amazing luck to stumble upon this restaurant which specialized in about eight varieties of Mussels. I am officially obsessed with smoked Salmon, this was so good.
The waiter took five pictures...this was the least bad one. I thought it necessary to commemorate our last meal in Paris.
We stumbled upon the sculpture in a little shopping mall on the Champs Elysees. I can't imagine how it was constructed, or how it stands.

L'arc de triomphe. We actually didn't know if it was until I just googles it, because there are so many arcs in Paris. It was much bigger than I thought it would be.

We had to see the Tour Eiffel one more time.
I saved my most "French" looking outfit for the last day. I packed for this trip with blazers in minds, and it was a really great concept. I loved getting dressed up everyday. This trip was amazing, being home is bittersweet, and I can't wait to go back to France. I have to say that the way French people dress is so much better than Americans, especially with shoes. I say almost no one wear sneakers, I happen to think that Americans are too casual, and wearing real shoes does wonders for the way that people look. Lastly, the public transit is amazing, and we really didn't see overweight people, most likely because we had to walk upwards of a couple hundred stairs everyday in the Metro. Paris was incredible, I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment