Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wang, Alexander The Great

I've been a fan of Alexander Wang ever since he started his very successful career a few years back. His shoes and bags have always stood out to me, and I think his talent is vast and I can't wait to see what he comes up with for fall.
I was shocked to see these, He usually works in only black, no complaints here, but these look so fresh and light, these make me want some Gelato and a parasol. 
I'm partial to the mustard version. I've always loved Timberland boots for guys, my brother and I bought matching chocolate brown ones a couple of years ago, but I regret not getting the classic wheat ones. The color is so strange, but very captivating. I don't think they're me, but I love them for other guys...not so much on women though. Hmmm, I haven't worn my Timbs in a while, maybe I'll pull them out. These boots are awesome, and I think this is a great ode to Timberlands, and they would look amazing with a floaty summer dress to balance out the somewhat manly feel to the boots. Remember when I said that some heels look masculine, well these do. I will not listen to any opposing arguments. 
As great as the SS/11 boots are, The above pictured Freja boots are by far Alexander Wang's best show ever. They're just so unbelievably cool, and I love the open toe, it balances the heavy duty lace-up action. The striped version is also killer. These shoes have been copied countless times, and I am happy to say that none of the copies have even come close to the original. 
{Photo Credits-www.corridor40.com, www.splendora.com, sidewalkhustle.com}
I am OBSESSED with these Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony boots. I love all the variations, but I am partial to the monochromatic black version that laces up. HOW CUTE ARE THEY??? Anywho, I'm off to school, I'm so excited to immerse myself into the Great Gatsby!

No comments:

Post a Comment