Saturday, January 22, 2011

Really Jean-Charles?



Another snow-day, I'm ready to kill someone. My exams will be officially held a full week after they were supposed to be. I hate snow, on the bright side, I've mastered the art of getting my car into my driveway from across the street at forty-five miles per hour, I no longer have to fear getting stuck in the snow {now that i just wrote that, I promise it will happen tomorrow}. So here I sit, with a cup of tea and breaking in a new pair of heels, ready to set myself off on a fashionable rant. I am a huge Jean-Charles de Castelbajac fan. I think his work is magnificent, and I love his whimsical touches and often fun color schemes. I also love Lady GaGa. Simply put, she is beyond incredible, and I would give my left leg to meet her. That being said, I still haven't gotten over the Lady GaGa Kermit the Frog outfit. I think GaGa has an amazing sense of style, and I have previously praised Jean-Charles de Castelbajac, but this outfit was somewhat of a joke, and it made me so sad. It seems like everyone in the world has seen this outfit, and many of them associate Jean-Charles de Castelbajac with it, obviously, because he designed it. What breaks my heart is that he is so talented, and his line is wearable and serious, whereas the Kermit outfit seems like kind of a joke. As a designer, I respect his choice to make that outfit for GaGa, but my only hope for Jean-Charles de Castelbajac is that people see him for more than stuffed animals, but for the fashionable genius he really is.
I hate faux fur. 
{Photo credit-www.celebitchy.com}
All of these looks are from SS/11. Such a cute couple!!! I would kill for the mens shirt, I'm also super into mens shirts buttoned up all the way, I think I have Frankmusik to thank for that, I'm still trying to figure out how to wear it without looking like a douche who forgot his tie.

 This shirt dress is perfect, it fits in perfectly with the whole "military/utilitarian" look, but I love the creative usage of the forest green panels and the sort of awkward placement of the pockets. I'm also a sucker for when belts are too long and tucked into themselves, like done above.
 This is such a chic summer dress, and I love the orange lipstick!
 This knit dress is 100% the standout of this collection. I'm obsessed with the somewhat subdued animal print, and I love the leopard and stripe combo.
 {Photo credit-Elle.com}
 This is an adorable, wearable yet funky going-out dress. I can imagine a million woman would love to wear this out to dinner or a club. I'm also dying over the printed metallic dress with the zebra Maryjane. I love this collection, and it is clear that Jean-Charles de Castelbajac is a true fashion visionary. On a completely unrelated note, wish me luck on the SAT's! I'm taking them for the first time today, and no one told me I needed special pencils, thanks a bunch.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jacob,your words are sincere and touching,thank you!
    a bientot!
    Jean-Charles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci Beaucoup! I am so flattered that you read and enjoyed this. I am HUGE fan, and I was so happy to receive the invitation for your show this morning. Thank you again for taking the time to comment, it made my day!

    ReplyDelete