Sunday, January 23, 2011

New shoes and Alfred Hitchcock

SAT's are done, thank God. After a much needed cup of coffee, my mom and I decided it was time for an adventure. We ventured of to the Peking Duck house, but called first this time, because the last time we went, they had no Peking Duck. After such a vigorous test, I was in need of some much deserved retail therapy. Off to Loehmanns we went, and the sale was AMAZING. I've wanted a pair of super tall, caramel brown wedges for a while. I love heels, and I'm not complaining, but I seem to always pick the more painful and treacherous heels I can, leaving me somewhat crippled by the end of the night, I refuse to be one of those people who carries my shoes, If you wear heels, leave them on, no one wants to see your feet. I wanted a sky high pair of wedges that I could walk in all day, also I wanted a tall wedge that could survive snow, ice, and driving. My obsession with the caramel wedge started with Celine's wedges from last season ago. At first, I thought they were OK looking, but after seeing them on Jane and Judy Aldridge, I was sold.

{Photo credit-www.fashion.elle.com}
At first, I only liked the strappy version, the other one really turned me off. I like the caramel version, but the black is stunning.
{Photo Credit-www.thebudgetbabe.com}
Then, one day at Nordstroms, I saw these and fell in love. Jeffery Campbell's "Snick" wedge stole my heart. Even though I originally didn't like this shoe, the higher proportion of the wedge completely changed the look. I was about to buy them, when reality sunk in, and my previous purchases started weighing heavier on my debit card. I walked away empty handed. Just like always, when the right ammount of cast found its way to my purse, they were gone, and I was left heartbroken.
That is, until I found these babies. They're by Lucky Brand {I know right!?!?!? I had no idea they made shoes either}. They have a super high heel, almost six inches, and I love the braided detail. I wore them tonight, and they are magnificently comfortable in a myriad of situations including, but not limited to, driving, walking through ice and snow, climbing short hills, and extended walking trips to buy Rolos, chips, and Starbursts. They did take me a bit of time to warm up to, the proportion of the platform makes the heel look not as high as it really is, but with that shape comes incredible comfort and sturdiness.

I apologize for the curly hair, I give myself exam and standardized test days to take a break from the flatiron.  I was going to stay in tonight due to sheer exhaistion {I had to wake up at 6:30 for the SAT's, it was still dark outside} but I decided that just because I was feeling slumberous didn't mean my new shoes had to stay in. I chugged some coffee and got dressed to go out.
 I wore a French Connection tee shirt, Random red flannel shirt, Gap anorak, Social Collision jeans, vintage Mink collar from the fifties. 
Lucky brand wedge/heel hybrid, and a vintage Paloma Picasso bag that my mom gave me from the eighties. I had always wanted a red purse, and I love the small size, it perfectly fits a wallet, cell phone, tiny digital camera, and a pack of gum. Also, for any of those fierce little boys who wear heels, I've found that Dockers makes amazing socks. They're super dark and opaque black, but also thin enough to slide perfectly into heels. 
I had so much fun tonight! I haven't seen my dear friend Chrissy in FOREVER!!! We decided, whilst looking through the shelves of Best Video, that we wanted to be cooler. Obviously, cool people watch old movies, so we jumped on the bandwagon. Our plan would have worked, if we had attention spans larger than that of flies.
{Photo credit-www.moviediva.com}
We rented "The Birds", and I would like to say I loved it, but after forty minutes I was bored out of my mind. We watched the whole thing, but it was really, truly, terrible. On the bright side, I'm obsessed with Jessica Tandy, circa fried Green Tomatoes. and the main character, played by "Tippi" Hendren, was MAGNIFICENT. Time to sign off, my other new shoes need some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment