Monday, January 24, 2011

Lattes and Leather

 I went out to get some coffee and girl talk with my friend Chelsea. We met at Starbucks, and I was really excited to get the Mocha I've been dreaming of since Friday.
 I really love their tiny cookies, they're so good, and I don't feel nearly as bad. Also they're adorable! I love the tiny pink doughnuts. My mom bought me that little purple flashlight, actually she bought a dozen on the home shopping network in a color assortment that makes me want to taste the rainbow. It hasn't come in handy yet, but one day, when I drop my keys down some dark, dank hole...wait it wouldn't help me, the flashlight is attached to the keys. Um...there will be a time, and it will be super handy.
I wore a vintage chambray shirt, Urban Outfitters cable-knit infinity scarf, and Street Legal leather motorcycle jacket. I know, I haven't heard of the brand either. I bought it last summer on my day off from being a camp counselor. I got it at Wilson's leather outlet. I had been looking for an jacket just like this, with a fifties, Grease-type look. The second I saw it, I had to have it. Also, I got it 75% off, from $400 down to $100. I had to have my mom pay for it with a credit card over the phone, because I refused to leave the store without it. I need to take better pictures of it, it is really stunning from head-on. 
Playing with the camera settings....
I bought these wingtip oxfords at Aldo last spring. I had been lusting after the idea of a pair of wingtips, and I had to decide between these, and a pair of classic, normal oxfords. These oxfords have a sort of worn-in feeling that I love. I decided that I have enough pairs of uncomfortable shoes, and these feel like I dream, but they still have the look I was after. The bag was a gift from my friend Maddie. When she became a vegetarian, she decided to stop wearing leather. Someone had given her this bag from Turkey, and I am madly in love with it. It is super tiny, it literally fits my wallet and a stick of chapstick. Its great by itself, but I love it with the fox tail. I got the tail when I was with Maddie in the a Hamptons at a vintage store. As you can tell from my posts, I LOVE FUR. I'm off to go write another post, I'll be super busy when school starts up again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment